We’re incredibly proud to announce that we have been awarded the Volkswagen Motorhome Qualification!
So far, only a small amount of companies have been awarded this certification* and have met the strict Volkswagen criteria which gives customers confidence in the safety and quality of motorhome and campervan conversions.
It’s a tip of the hat to Hillside Leisure direct from Volkswagen and we’re over the moon to be recognised as having met the highest standards in our unique campervan conversions.
It shows that VW are committed to our ongoing relationship and as part of the stringent criteria for the scheme we have to:
- Meet legal type approval standards allowing first registration as a campervan or motorhome
- Pass the National Caravan Council (NCC) habitation and safety standards
- Have at least a three-year trading history
- Register on the Body Builder Database – a platform where we can call up extensive VW technical data
- Provide a minimum of £5 million liability insurance cover
- Offer the same warranty to match the base vehicle
Since the recent launch we are pleased to formally announce that the first three qualifying converters have officially joined the scheme. This certification builds on long standing relationships which each of these converters and it is great to be able to formally recognise the investment they have made bringing Volkswagen Camper Vans to the marketNick Axtell, Specialist Sales Manager for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (Apr 8, 2021)
Our family-run business has been designing and manufacturing campervans for over fifteen years. Our factory in Derby produces around 300 campervans a year and our craftsmen employ state of the art machinery to create the kits before assembling and finishing them by hand.
This qualification is a true reflection on all our staff and we are incredibly proud of what we have achieved as a team.
*Information correct at time of publishing, please find the full official Volkswagen press release here