We’re in the middle of converting the NEW Renault Trafic into a compact camper! You may have seen some of the fun advertising on the TV and over the internet called #TraficRider that’s based on the eighties hit show Knight Rider. Here’s a fun video from Renault showing the base commercial vehicle …
We love the styling of the new Renault Trafic and think that it’s going to make a great camper with it’s high level of specification as standard. We already know the van really well as we’ve already been producing The Ellastone based on the previous model of the Renault Trafic.
Specifications of the base vehicle:
- Trip computer
- DAB radio with USB socket and AUX input and 2x15W speakers
- 12v power socket (front)
- 6 speed gearbox with gear shift indicator
- Closed glove box
- Driver’s seat with armrest – height adjustable, lumbar adjustment
- Steering wheel – reach and rake adjustment
- Electric front windows
- 80-litre fuel tank
- Door mirrors – heated with electric adjustment and external temperature sensor
- Spare wheel with anti-theft spare wheel holder
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control) with HSA (Hill Start Assist) and Grip Xtend
- Alarm pre-wiring
- ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution)
- Electronic immobiliser
- Remote central locking (2 button key)
- Airbag – driver
- Seatbelts – 3 point height-adjustable seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters
- 4 disc brakes
The Hillside Ellastone Conversion
For people who appreciate incredible value for money the Renault Trafic is the perfect base for conversion into a compact motor home. There is simply no other elevating roofed compact camper out there with such a large array of equipment and extras at such a LOW all-inclusive on the road price as the Ellastone.
The Ellastone is a classy 4 berth compact camper with an easy to use side conversion that’s well equipped and designed to be used for camping. It also benefits from being a very usable everyday drive enabling maximum usage out of your compact motor home.
We’ll be adding more photos from the build soon but if you are heading to the NEC next week, the conversion will be available for you to see at The Motorhome and Caravan Show 2014 – come and have a nosey!